Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Geography following The Core - Days 1 & 2

After reading a lot of the discussions about The Core on WTM and having read the book myself we decided to try Geography the way Leigh Bortins suggests. I couldn't make sense of it but my dh, Father of Pearl on WTM, happens to have a Master's of Geography so he is running the show. I know others have had problems with implementing this great idea as well so I am posting what we do each day here.

Days 1 and 2 are the 5 Great Circles that are discussed in the Geography chapter. They are the Artic Circle, the Tropic of Cancer, the Equator, the Tropic of Capricorn and the Antarctic Circle. Even though they are called circles (because they circle the earth) they are to be drawn as flat lines across the page as shown here. These are to be done until it is easy for the kids so it may take longer than 2 days.



We are using the map below from Uncle Josh's Outline maps to guide us with the circles.



This is as far as we have gotten (we just began 2 days ago). I will post tonight's work tomorrow (God willing... :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment